Thursday 16 April 2009

20 years

Fantastic night last night in The Gunners. Although I couldn't get a ticket I'd say The Gunners is the next best thing, although I was disappointed they have got rid of the barco in favour of a smaller plasma screen tv. there was planty of singing and backslapping and the feeling that this current Arsenal crop can get something from a patchy season. I was later gratified to learn that The Pens overcame the Flyers in their first play-off game. The papers today were full of the Hillsborough memorial and I think next weeks match at Anfield could be quite emotional and poignant. It felt in 1989 like we should almost concede the league title out of pity or that in winning it we were somehow not playing fair. The flowers were a great gesture and it something I'd like to think will be repeated. In between no and then is the small matter of a semi final against Chelsea and we appear to be running rapidly out of defenders. Hopefully we will have enough fit to make a decent game of it. 

A friend has suggested a facebook group for vegetable growers and I think she is quite a competitive person so it will be a group about growing the biggest or most potatoes etc. I'm always up for a challenge. I am goping to start the courgettes tonight. Will plant whilst watching man City throw away the chances of a UEFA cup final

No comments:

Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter