Tuesday 5 May 2009

Uh oh

Blog posts reduced to one or two liners. Probably because I'm busy playing REALLIFE TM ...great new game that is subject of massive bidding war between Apple, Microsoft, Google and Hamleys. What you do is live in this unlikely world where you have to eat, sleep, breathe, drink, work, reproduce and otherwise interact with other "characters" and ...get this...NONE OF IT NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE ONLINE! That's right it is completely wireless and hands off.

Tonight I would like to spend my time mostly in "my own little world" TM . That's a spin off of REALLIFE that allows you to retreat into a solipsistic bubble where all the other characters are imaginary. But unfortuantely I have elected to watch the Arsenal bravely battle against the odds to maintain a faint silverware lining to their cloud nine dreams. And I have elected to do this amongst friends since my family do not want Mr Hyde showing up again - that beast who kicks holes in doors and snarls the incantation "adebayor, adebayor" endlessly.

So I'm off to The Roxy - 13ft HD screen, draught staropramen, steaming baked cod, leather sofas. Hopefully no mancs (I will ask Malcolm to throw them out - he's a scouse landlord and very obliging). Tomorrow I am going to 15 Hatfields - host of the fantastic LSA launch party and now celebrating one year as being the capitals most environmentally friendly conference venue. I hope to find out more about "sustainable meetings". I may drink some champagne, but that is only so I fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter